About Power Nutrition
I graduated with distinction from Endeavour College with a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine). I’m a member of the Nutrition Society of Australia.
I have more than 10 years experience in private practice.
I’ve gone from ill health to full health. I now want you to know how that feels.
It wasn’t always that way – my family, including my wife and I, used to be quite unhealthy. My wife and I were told we had less than 1% chance of conceiving a baby. I decided to devote my career to learning everything about achieving good health – it look time, but we’ve turned things around.
We now have a beautiful boy, and we’re both brimming with good health. Now it’s your turn.
I come from an unwell family who were overweight, ill and used heaps of antibiotics. I saw first-hand the struggle and difficulty.
My Irish genes are poor: obesity, insulin resistance, early-onset heart disease. I have watched all my relatives struggle with these diseases.
I was an unwell child. I was overweight, used a lot of antibiotics, had chronic asthma – I felt terrible!
Then I’d had enough. I looked into how I could turn things around.
- I significantly increased the amounts of fats in my diet and stopped all the packet food, refined carbohydrates and junk I was eating.
- I started to cook simple nutritious foods again, slowly incorporating things like eggs, meat, stews, and roasts. I put more coloured veggies on my plate and used more spices and herbs.
- I bought a bike and joined a bike club. I re-joined my gym and spoke to a trainer and physiotherapist.
- I started researching a high (good) fat diet. All my patients are on this diet and they are happy because they get results.
I helped my Mum reverse Type 2 Diabetes.
Mum is no longer a diabetic. How? By eating fat, not carbs!
- I have seen how changes give patients back their lives.
- I have seen how staying on the treadmill will manage, but not reverse disease.
- I genuinely want to help because I know how good you will feel.
- I want you to live a long life because it is the only one we have.
- I want to hold your hand through the maze of myths and confusion and get you through to the other side.
- I know how frustrating the current system is.