Tiffany, 47, University administrator
- Severe migraine headaches and PCOS
- Coeliac disease
- Presented with bloating, loose stools and fatigue
- She was prescribed a great deal of antibiotics as a child for ear infections and over the past few years due to sinus infections.
What I found
- Blood tests revealed low iron and B12 despite a high meat diet.
- Stool test revealed low counts of ‘good’ bugs and some pathogens/yeasts
- Mercury levels are very high and may be causing migraines
- Her diet is high in refined gluten-free carbohydrates and poor quality fats (pastries, margarine, fried foods)
- Tiffany has travelled to China many times for work. Many foods in China are very high in toxins and the air/soil is highly polluted.
- Tiffany has eaten large amounts (over many years) of salmon, tuna, sushi and shark
- A quality digestive enzyme to aid digestion
- Reduced gluten-free foods in diet and replaced with better fats and proteins, vegetables and legumes
- Increased fermented foods in diet (this includes food with ‘good germs’ including organic yoghurt, kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi)
Tiffany’s migraines are much-improved. Her gastro-intestinal symptoms are almost gone and her energy has significantly improved. PCOS resolved on LCHF diet.